When anything comes related to gas savings probably car owners are the most interested group of people to listen to it. With the constant increase in oil prices car owners are badly in need of ways how they can save money on gas consumption. This write up will help you to reduce gas consumption and to save money in the process.
- Cars with bad engine condition need more gasoline to run on the road. So always have your car tuned-up. Following vehicle maintenance guide will help your carís engine to perform efficiently. Clean air filters will enhance fuel utilization and consequently your fuel mileage will increase up to 10%.
- Always try to maintain a steady speed when driving. Stopping every now and then enhance your gas consumption by as much as 30 percent. Be gentle on your brakes and gas pedal. Abrupt increase in speed or sudden hard stops can make your car to consume more gas. Use ìcruise controlî while driving on the highways in order to maintain a steady speed. When you have option in hand avoid heavy traffic areas. This will also help you to maintain a stable speed and gives you relieve form using clutch frequently.
- It is always a wise idea to go to gas stations early in the morning or at late night for purchasing gas. You will always avail extra for your cash if you use these cool hours while purchasing gas.
- Try to keep the air resistance at a minimum level while driving at highways. So it is advisable to close your car windows at highways which will create a better aerodynamics and reduces the drag on your car. Open windows, even if you keep it marginal cause extra friction and reduce your mileage.
- Minimum use of air conditioner is always helpful to save gas. So try not to use air conditioners when possible; rather concentrate more on using your carís vents. If you really have to use air conditioner try to set it at the lowest possible level. Never ever operate your air conditioner with car windows open.
- Do not keep your engine on when sitting idle in long traffic. If you need to wait longer than a minute itís better to turn off your engine. Your car will use same amount of gas while restarting as it would use if you seat idle for more than a minute.
- *Don’t fill up your car’s trunk with unnecessary stuffs. It will increase the total weight and heavy weight consumes heavy gas.
- Check the air pressure of your car tires regularly. Properly inflated tires save fuel better because it creates less friction while run on roads.